Private Healthcare Australia
- Private Healthcare Australia (PHA) is the Australian private health insurance industry’s peak representative body that currently has 20 registered health funds throughout Australia and collectively represents 96% of people covered by private health insurance.
- PHA member funds today provide healthcare benefits for over 12.9 million Australians.
- Private health insurance is provided through organisations registered under the Private Health Insurance Act 2007.
- The financial performance of registered health funds is monitored by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA), an independent Australian Government body, to ensure solvency and capital adequacy requirements are met.
- All members of Private Healthcare Australia are registered as health benefits organisations with the Commonwealth Government and comply with Government standards and regulations on benefits and solvency.