We are the peak representative body for the Australian private health insurance industry
Private Healthcare Australia
- Private Healthcare Australia (PHA) is the Australian private health insurance industry’s peak representative body that currently has 20 registered health funds throughout Australia and collectively represents 96% of people covered by private health insurance.
- PHA member funds today provide healthcare benefits for over 12.9 million Australians.
- Private health insurance is provided through organisations registered under the Private Health Insurance Act 2007.
- The financial performance of registered health funds is monitored by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA), an independent Australian Government body, to ensure solvency and capital adequacy requirements are met.
- All members of Private Healthcare Australia are registered as health benefits organisations with the Commonwealth Government and comply with Government standards and regulations on benefits and solvency.
of people covered by health insurance